DR. BELL'S RETIREMENT FROM OFFICE PRACTICE
After more than 40 years of practicing medicine, Dr. Jeffrey Bell is announcing his retirement from office practice as of March 27, 2022. Drs. Bou Slaiman, Sweidan and Al Dahabreh will be taking over his practice. You may wish to continue with this practice and place yourself under their care. If you wish to locate a new nephrology practice, you should contact your primary care physician, health insurer, or your local hospital physician referral line:
Tift Regional Medical Center (229) 353.6143
Crisp Regional Hospital (229) 271.4656
You may also go online to the Georgia Department of Community Health site at mmis.georgia.gov.
A copy of your medical record will be available at 1200 N. Jefferson St., Albany, GA 31701 or by calling (229) 888.3970 until December 31, 2022.
January 17, 2022
- Medical Director | 1992 - present | Dialysis Clinic, Inc. Albany, Georgia
- Partner | 1992 - present | SWGA Nephrology Clinic, P.C. | Private Practice of Nephrology
Past Academic Rank and Position
- Attending Nephrologist | 1987-1991 | Department of Internal Medicine | Naval Hospital San Diego
- Assistant Clinical Professor | 1987-1991 | Clinical Faculty (non-salaried) | Department of Internal Medicine | University of California San Diego
- Undergraduate: Vanderbilt University | BA cum laude, 1975
- Medical School: University of Miami | M.D., 1981
- Internship: Naval Regional | Medical Center | San Diego, CA 1981-82
- Residency: Naval Hospital | San Diego, CA 1983-85
- Fellowship: University of California San Diego | (Joint Program) and Naval Hospital San Diego, CA 1985-87
- 1981 | National Board of Medical Examiners
- 1985 | American Board of Internal Medicine
- 1987 | American Board of Internal Medicine | Subspecialty Nephrology
- Georgia 34539
- 1983 | U.S. Navy Achievement Medal
- 1991 | U.S. Navy Commendation Medal
- 1985 | Resident Aequanimitas Award
- 1990 | Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Commander, United States Navy
- 1981-82 | Naval Regional Medical Center, San Diego
- 1982-83 | Medical Officer, USS Truxtun CGN35
- 1983-91 | Naval Hospital, San Diego
- 1989 | Scientific Reviewer, Kidney International
INSTITUTIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITIES
- 1987-91 | Divisional Quality Assurance Representative
- 1990-91 | Member, Internal Medicine Quality Assurance Committee
- 1995-96 | Chief of Medicine, Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP AND SOCIETIES
- 1983-92 | American Medical Association
- 1985- | American College of Physicians
- 1987- | National Kidney Foundation
- 1988- | International Society of Nephrology
- 1998- | Renal Physicians Association
PRESENTATIONS AT NATIONAL MEETINGS
- 1987 | American Society of Nephrology Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C. | Evidence against heteroporosity model of peritoneal transport.
- 1988 | American Society of Nephrology Annual Meetin, San Antonio, Texas. | Anaphylatoxin generation as a function of dialysis membrane type, blood flow rate, and membrane C3 binding.
- 1989 | American Society of Nephrology Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C. | Intra- and interdialytic generation of tumor necrosis factor and interleukin-1 by various dialysis membranes.
- Biocompatibility of artificial membranes
- 1987-91 | Principal investigator, Health Sciences Education and Training Command, U.S. Navy Research Grant 88-16-2327-00
- Bell JL, Leypoldt JK, Frigon RP, Henderson LW: Hydraulically induced convective solute transport across the rabbit peritoneum. Kidney Int 38: 19-27, 1990
- Bell JL, Ward DM: Leukapheresis in hyperleukocytic leukemias. 1990
- Bell JL, Leypoldt JK, Frigon RP, Henderson LW: Heteroporosity model of peritoneal transport is not supported by hydraulically driven convective transport. Kidney Int 33: 243, 1988.
- Bell JL, Henderson LW: Anaphylatoxin mass generated by cuprophane membrane in not influenced by blood flow rate. Kidney Int 35: 240, 1989.
- Bell JL, Henderson LW: Tumor necrosis factor alpha and interleukin-1 beta are highly correlated during acute hemodialysis. Kindey Int 37: 288, 1990.